Our legacy business, the Accountable Behavioral Health
Alliance (ABHA), was formed in 1997 to manage the behavioral health
benefits for Medicaid, called the Oregon Health Plan (OHP), in
five counties. Our core philosophy was that people do well if
provided with the right opportunities to meet their
needs. Recent changes in healthcare highlight the importance
of integrated care, care coordination, and Patient-centered
Primary Care Homes. These elements are recognized as
integral to the success of healthcare systems and consumers of
health care services.
IBHI staff have considerable experience working with
behavioral health providers, managed care
organizations, and oversight agencies. Our
team is made up of clinical professionals and
behavioral health delivery system experts who have experience in
developing systems of care that include all levels of care and
types of services to meet the needs of our Medicaid members and
improve and support managed care principles.
Available services include:
- Designing and implementing effective utilization management
processes to ensure that all members have access to appropriate
behavioral health services at the time of need.
- Managing financial risk and creating efficiencies that ensure
services offered make the most use of the resources available to
- Quality Management, including program evaluation, compliance auditing,
and outcome analysis.
- Training in
various assessment tools and models of treatment and care
- Support and facilitation of consumer involvement in advocacy
- Determination of the capabilities related to mental health and
chemical dependency services and network adequacy.
- Credentialing and contracting with providers.
- Coordination of information exchange and liaison between local
and state agencies.